In order to complete ACH payment, you will have to first verify your bank account. Follow the below steps to get this done: (This process is temporary as we are updating our ACH payment flow to make it more user friendly)
NOTE: ACH payments on Stripe cost 0.80%, capped at $5. So, a $100 payment incurs a $0.80 fee; any payments above $625 cost $5. (Paid by the church but can be covered by the member during the transaction)
1. To add your bank account, you will have to initiate a payment from the Givings section (In the upcoming update, this will be changed where you will be able to access this section without initiating a payment)
2. Under “Add ACH”, enter the bank details and click on “Add Bank Account”. As soon as you do this, Stripe will initiate the process of making two deposits in your bank account.
As this process might take 1-2 business days, you can close the Givings window and once you receive the deposits, initiate the payment again and start from Step 3
3. Then click on “Saved Methods” where you will see the unverified bank account, click on “Unverified”
4. You will now see two empty spaces where you need to enter the amount sent by Stripe. Once done, click on “Verify”
NOTE: If the amount deposited is in decimals, like $0.25 and $0.35, enter 25 in the 35 respectively in the empty boxes
NOTE: Stripe allows maximum 10 tries before blocking the verification process.
5. This will refresh the page. To make sure the bank account is verified, click on “Saved Methods” and you will see “Verified” written besides the bank account.
6. If you do not wish to continue with the transaction, you can close this window but to complete the transaction, click on the bank account and the “Pay” button will appear.
7. Once you click on Pay, the transaction will be initiated.
NOTE: ACH transactions can take 5-7 business days to be completed.